
"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation." The Nineteenth Amendment (Amendment XIX) to the United States Constitution
I love to vote. I love the right I have to chose and to voice my opinion. I think there's something awfully cool about going to the polls.
I read this today and I love it! And I couldn't have said it better.
"Every time I enter the building where I cast my vote, I'm thankful. I'm thankful to live in a country where we can speak our mind about the problems in our government. I'm thankful we can vote for the candidates we think will best represent our views. I'm extremely grateful that men and women fight to give us the many freedoms we enjoy - the freedom to worship as we wish, the freedom to dissent lawfully, the freedom to speak our mind, and yes, the freedom to elect our leaders."
How about you? Did you vote today?

No comments:
Post a Comment